Job Title: West Side – General Foreman
Position Type: Full Time – Non-Exempt Hourly
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work through Superintendent to hire and fire employees
- Visit job site crews daily
- Take on call as requested by Consumers Energy
- Take part in a weekly call with Consumers Energy schedulers and planners to discuss progress and barriers for all projects
- Needs to be willing to work extended hours, weekends and holidays to support storm restoration efforts and customer needs
- Will work with field leaders and foreman to get any questions answered and jobs completed on time
- Will work with material person to make sure minor materials are stocked in yard and all projects are picked up weekly from headquarters
- Will need to coordinate outages with customers
- Responsible for completing a daily roster and submitting to Consumers Energy by 8am
- Responsible for moving employees around to maintain safe/productive crewing
- Needs to be able to build a schedule for overhead and underground crews and verify all projects scheduled are ready to start; Submit schedule to Consumers Energy by noon on Friday.
- Responsible for contacting and scheduling hydrovacs, bore crews and roadway protection from Consumers Energy 123 list or internal Rauhorn crews
- Will investigate any complaints by customers or Consumers Energy
- Communicate yard restoration needs to Superintendent (e.g. ruts in yard, property damage etc.)
- Communicate daily completions to Consumers Energy
- Communication additional equipment and tooling needs to Superintendent
- Communicate equipment repairs and moves to Fleet Manager
- Motivated/sense of drive
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Exceptional communication skills
- Process accurate
- Software knowledge (Microsoft programs, Bluebeam, FMP Mobile, Outlook-send/receive emails, phone-call/text/email)
- Electrical knowledge is a plus (preferably overhead and underground distribution experience)
- High School Diploma or GED
Directly responsible for supervising professional or technical associates.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Must occasionally lift and/or move more than 5-10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.