Duties and Responsibilities:
- Requires familiarity and/or experience with the electrical and construction industries.
- Responsible for working directly with the Project Management/Estimating team and vendors to estimate new projects.
5+ years’ experience in complete electrical estimating including:
- Airport Electrical: Runway/Taxiway lighting, vaults, control systems, MALSR/PAPI, etc.
- Commercial and Industrial Power and Site Lighting
- Traffic Signal Infrastructure: Detection, Bluetooth Devices, RSU, Adaptive Traffic Control Systems
- DMS Signs, Vehicle Detection, MVDS Systems, Traffic Monitoring, CCTVs, Interconnects, RSU, Backhauls, RWIS/ESS Environmental Sensors, Curve Speed Warning
- Pumpstations power and control
- Fiber Optic Systems
- Conduit: Directional Boring, Plowing, Duct Bank Installations
- Drilled Shaft Installations
- Electrical Power Systems: Generators, Switchgear, CT Cabinets
- Overhead line construction and Substation Construction estimating experience preferred.
- Michigan DOT experience preferred
- Experience in creating and estimating a scope of work both with and without project plans and specifications.
- Creating takeoffs, requesting quotes.
- Extremely proficient in blueprint and custom drawing interpretations.
- Must be extremely organized and able to balance and prioritize high project volume.
- Must be able to prepare and submit bids, including full bid proposals.
- Experience with formal estimating software – Oman Pro Estimate is preferred. Experience in creating/maintaining cost and/or estimating databases is preferred.