Accounts Payable Specialist Job Description
Reports to: Controller
Provides financial, administrative and clerical support by verifying and reconciling invoices, ensuring expenses are controlled and payments are completed according to established policies and procedures in an efficient, timely and accurate manner.
- Monitor vendor W-9’s and update vendor changes
- Maintain petty cash
- Perform all functions relating to accounts payable.
- Organizes and files purchase orders, shippers and invoices.
- Match invoices, shippers, and purchase orders, while verifying quantities and pricing.
- Audits invoices and shippers against the purchase orders for correct quantities and prices and resolves any problem items with Purchasing Agent, Project Managers or Vendors.
- Scans and attaches in Foundation copies of shippers and invoices.
- Enters invoices and route electronically for approval.
- Maintain vendor files.
- Responsible for verifying vendor tax ID numbers and insure receipt of all W-9’s.
- Organize and file paid invoices.
- Provide supporting documentation for audits
- Review vendor statement for accuracy and research missing invoices.
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries.
- Insure that outstanding credit memos have been received.
- Calculate use tax paid on out of state invoices.
- Manage and monitor the payables aging report.
- Pay vendors by monitoring discount opportunities.
- Prepares and maintains supplier waivers as needed.
- Capable of high volume invoice processing.
- Provide accurate and effective document preparation and records management relative to the AP function in accordance with records retention policies and procedures.
- Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Analyze information and develop options for continuous improvements.
- High level of accuracy, efficiency and organization.
- Superior communication and listening abilities.
- Attention to detail.
- Patience with revisions and follow-up
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a busy office environment
- Self-motivated individual with ability to set priorities and complete required tasks.
- Excellent data entry skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Effective verbal, listening and written communication skills.
- Effective organizational, stress and time management skills.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently or as a team member.
Requires 2 – 3 years of construction-related accounting experience including strong excel experience and comfortable working in several different types of software.